Sweater Academy Package
Thinking about making a sweater, but not ready to do it on your own? Enroll in Northfield Yarn's Sweater Academy, and Cynthia will become your personal Sweater Coach!
This service includes a combination of an individual lesson time and group clinic times, designed to help you through every step of the process. Cynthia will help you make smart choices at the outset so that you are set you up for success. She’ll coach you through the critical steps of establishing gauge and choosing a size, and she’ll be there to help along the way, as you work on the sweater at your own pace.
"Sounds great," you're thinking, "But how does it actually work?"
The package includes:
- A 60-minute individual "launch" session. This session will cover key topics, such as pattern selection, how to make a gauge swatch, and sizing. (There's a little homework you'll need to do before this session, so we can hit the ground running).
- Five 60-minute sweater clinic visits. As you need to, you can come to the Sweater Clinic to get help and check in with other knitters working on sweaters. You don't have to worry about keeping up with a class. You have a full year from the date of the Launch session to use your five sweater clinic visits. The cost of these visits is included in the package price, but you will need to sign up at least 24 hours before Clinic, so that we know you are coming.
- Helpful handouts on various topics related to sweater knitting.
- Online community support. You will have access to a special Sweater Academy group on Ravelry, where you can pose questions, post progress reports, and cheer each other on.
- 10% off yarn purchased for your sweater. (To best serve you, we do require that you purchase your sweater yarn here at the shop to participate in Sweater Academy These are the yarns that we know best.)
- A celebration of your accomplishment. We will schedule an event twice a year and invite all Sweater Academy participants to share their finished sweaters and receive a small gift in honor of their accomplishment.
More details about scheduling: Launch sessions are generally scheduled on Saturday and Wednesday afternoons, and sweater clinic meets Sundays from 2:00-3:00 pm. Once you have purchased the package, you will receive a downloadable handout with the homework to complete before your Individual Launch Session, and instructions for signing up for your Launch Session and subsequent Sweater Clinics.
Additional sweater clinic visits: If you would like to attend Sweater Clinic more than five times, additional sessions can be purchased for $10 each.
Registration: There are a limited number of seats available in each Sweater Academy session, and registration for the Fall 2019 session ends on November 15th. (Keep in mind that the session is named for when it starts, not when it ends. You will have an entire year to use your clinic visits.)
Skill Level: Adventurous advanced beginner & up. To be successful at making a sweater, you should be comfortable knitting, purling, working a few basic increases and decreases, and recognizing mistakes in your work.