Cable Competency - Sat., March 2, 12:30 - 2:00 pm
Date: March 2, 12:30 - 2:00 pm
This class will teach you how to cable with confidence! We'll cover basic cable techniques, plus share plenty of tips and tricks to make your cable projects go smoothly. All knitters comfortable with the basic knit and purl stitches are welcome. There is a small homework assignment to complete before coming to class.
Skill Level: Easy/Intermediate. To be successful in this class you must know how to knit and purl, as well as be able to identify knit and purl stitches on your needle.
Homework: Complete the 4-row swatch and bring on needles to class. Swatch instructions are found on the downloadable "Cable Competency Supplies & Homework" PDF.
Supplies to bring to class:
(registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases)
- Completed homework swatch, using worsted or DK yarn in a solid, light color. Bring your swatch on needles. The total project will require about 20 additional yards of your chosen yarn.
- Needles in a size appropriate for the yarn (US 7 or 8 for worsted, US 5 or 6 for DK). We will be knitting flat in rows, so single points or a circular needle that is at least 24" long will work.
- A cable needle that is the same size or smaller than your knitting needle - the "J" style of cable needle is recommended
- Safety pins or removable stitch markers
* See the main Classes page for our policy about class changes and cancellations.