Cast On! - Saturday, November 16, 2:30-4:30 pm
Instructor: Cynthia Gilbertson
Dates: Saturday, November 16, 2:30-4:30 pm
Add more cast-ons to your knitter’s toolbox with this single-session skill-building class! We will cover long-tail, German Twisted (a.k.a. Old Norwegian), provisional, tubular, cable, and knitted-on methods. You’ll learn how to work them, what they look like, and what they’re good for, and you’ll leave with a thorough hand-out to refer to in the future.
Skill Level: This class is suitable for Advanced Beginners and beyond.
Supplies to bring to class:
(registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases, excluding patterns )
- Worsted or chunky yarn in a light color (optional: bring a contrast color if you want to be able to see your cast-on row in a different color)
- A few yards of smooth worsted yarn (e.g., cotton) to use as waste yarn
- Needles appropriate for the yarn (e.g., US 7 or 8 for worsted, US 10 or 10.5 for chunky)
- Optional: crochet hook in a size appropriate for the yarn (e.g., G-I)
* See the main Classes page for our policy about class changes and cancellations.