Fast Mitts - 2 Wednesdays: April 1 & 8; 6:00-7:30 pm
Instructor: Laura Haave
Date: 2 Wednesdays; April 1 & 8; 6:00-7:30 pm
The Fast Mitts pattern is a GREAT project for beginning knitters who would like to move beyond just knitting and purling flat pieces.
While solidifying your skills with knit and purl stitches, you will also learn:
- How to knit in the round using either double-pointed needles (DPNS) or a circular needle.
- How to work a 1x1 rib.
- How to bind off in the round
You will receive the pattern for the mitts when you come to the first class. You'll need to purchase your yarn, but can wait to purchase needles until you've decided whether to use double-pointed (DPNS) or a circular needle to knit in the round. Your instructor will help you decide which type of needle to use during the first class session.
Skill Level: Easy. To be successful in this class, you should know how to cast-on, knit and purl.
Supplies to bring to class: Class participants receive 10% off all class supplies (excluding books and patterns)
- Yarn: 1 ball of Berroco Millifiori Big, or 100 yards of another chunky (#5) yarn
- Needles: Size 11 DPNs or a 32" Size 11 circular needle - You can wait to purchase needles until you've decided whether you will use DPNS or circular needles during the first class.
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors
* See the main Classes page for our policy about class changes and cancellations.