Intro to Intarsia - Sat., Mar.16, 12:30-2:30 pm
Instructor: Jane Bonnesen
Date: Saturday, March 16, 12:30 - 2:30 pm
Intarsia, or "Picture Knitting" is an ingenious technique for adding blocks of color without stranding yarn across the back of your work. In this 90-minute class, you will be introduced to all of the standard techniques that make picture knitting possible. You will learn how to prepare your yarn, join new colors, and read a chart. A sharp yarn needle will be provided.
Skill Level: Easy/Intermediate
Homework: Complete the following small assignment and bring your completed homework to class still on your needles.
Cast on 30 stitches with your Main Color yarn. Knit 4 rows in your Main Color to create a short piece of garter stitch. Bring your homework on the needles to continue work in class.
Supplies to bring to class:
(registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases, excluding patterns)
- US 7 (4.5m) or US 8 (5.0m) needles with completed homework still on the needles
- Main color: Approximately 50 yards of worsted weight yarn in a solid color to work the homework and continue working during class
- Contrast color: A small amount (10 yds) of worsted weight yarn in a solid color that contrasts with your main color
- Stitch markers, scissors, other knitting tools, as needed
* See the main Classes page for our policy about class changes and cancellations.