Knitted Christmas Ball - 2 Saturdays, December 7 & 14; 1:00-2:30 pm
Instructor: Cynthia Gilbertson
Dates: 2 Saturdays, December 7 & 14; 1:00-2:30 pm
In this class you'll learn techniques for 2-color knitting while following the basic pattern for a Christmas Ball found in the pattern book -- "55 Christmas Balls to Knit." The book contains charts for 55 different designs, which can be made following the basic instructions you will learn in this class.
Once you've mastered the basic pattern, you can follow any of charts for stranded knitting, embroidery or cross stitch instead of charted knitting. You can also add beads and other embellishments to the basic ball.
NOTE: Experience with knitting a small circumference in the round, using your preferred method, is required. Knitting in the round will not be taught as a part of the class.
Skill Level: Intermediate. To be successful in this class you should have experience with knitting small circumferences in the round using your preferred method.
Supplies to bring to class: (registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases, excluding patterns)
- Pattern Book: Arne & Carlos "55 Christmas Balls to Knit" - available for purchase in the shop (10% off w/class registration)
- Yarn: You will need 1 skein each of sport weight yarn in 2 colors. Suggested yarns include Rauma Finull or Lamb's Pride Superwash Sport.
- Needles & Hooks: 1 set US #2.5 (3mm) double-point needles or US #2.5 circular in your preferred length for small circumference knitting. (Knit-in-the-Round & Magic Loop will NOT be taught in this class).
- Small amount of Polyester stuffing (available for purchase in the shop in small amounts, if you don't want to buy the full bag)
- Notions: Stitch markers, yarn needle, scissors