Laine #8 - Summer 2019 Issue
Issue eight, Kelo, includes:
- 11 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Justyna Lorkowska, Denise Bayron, Libby Jonson, Julie Dubreux, Leeni Hoimela, Astrid Troland, Sus Gepard, Éveline Cantin-Bergeron, Jenny Sauselein and Marjorie Martin.
- an interview with Susan Crawford
- a long-format story about Ocean Rose
- my story by Pauline Copin-Herriot of Lain'amourée
- a column by Jeanette Sloan (Jeanette will continue as our columnist in the future, as well)
- seasonal recipes
- a travel guide to our dear hometown, Tampere, featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
To avoid the shipping charge: If you are able to pick up magazine in the shop, or if you are eligible for the Northfield Yarn Shop Member Discount, please call the shop at 507-645-1330 to reserve your copy and not have to pay a shipping charge. Online orders will have an $8 shipping charge automatically applied at check-out, unless your total purchase is over $50.
What is Laine? Here's some info from the publisher:
"Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling."