Next Steps in Cross-Stitch - 2 Sundays: 2 Sundays: March 22 & 29; 12:30-2:00
Instructor: Lee Mussehl
Date: 2 Sundays: March 22 & March 29; 12:30-2:00 pm
This class will build on the stitches learned in the Intro to Cross Stitch class. You will learn how to read and stitch patterns that include backstitch/long stitches that go outside of the regular back stitch boundaries. You will also learn how to make some fractional stitches and French knots. By the end of the class sessions, you will have a great start on your project with the knowledge to complete the remainder of your project at your own pace.
The chart we will be using for the class project is available as a free download (link provided below). See the Supplies to bring to class for the materials you will need to bring to the first class.
Skill Level: Intermediate. To be successful in this class, you should be able to prepare your cross stitch fabric and do basic cross stitches and back stitches.
Supplies to bring to class:
(registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases, excluding patterns)
14-ct Aida Fabric - Please prepare the edges of a piece of 14-ct Aida cloth (at least 14"H x 12"W) before the first class.
- 5" or 8" embroidery hoop
- Download and print the pattern chart found at https://vidweb.aws.marketlive.com/herrschners_vid/text/pattern_downloads/F00477.pdf
DMC Floss in the following colors:
- 352 - Light Coral
- 353 - Peach
- 470 - Light Avocado Green
- 712 - Cream
- 727 - Very Light Topaz
- 738 - Very Light Tan
- 745 - Light Pale yellow
- 747 - Very Light Sky Blue
- 844 - Ultra Dark Beaver Brown
- 3348 - Light Yellow Green
- 3766 - Light Peacock Blue
- 3835 - Medium Grape
- 3836 - Light Grape
- Standard cross stitch tools:
- Needles (#24 Cross-stitch needle)
- Hoop (5" embroidery hoop)
- Optional: A "Cross Stitch - Stitch Guide" is available on the DMC Web site at https://www.dmc.com/uk/p-cross-stitch-quick-stitch.html#null. You may wish to print your own copy of the Guide or have it available on a digital device during class.
* See the main Classes page for our policy about class changes and cancellations.