Play with Color! - Sun., February 24, 1:00-3:00 pm
Instructor: Diane Pearsall
Dates: Sunday: February 24, 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Do you find yourself in front of the 70+ colors of Shetland yarn wondering how you could possibly pick 4 or 5 that would make a nice hat, tam, or pair of fingerless mitts? What is a "pop" color anyway? In this class you'll put together pleasing and exciting color combinations by playing with skeins of Jamieson and Smith Shetland yarn from the instructor's stash.
In this class you will:
- identify harmonious color combinations
- add a "pop" color
- pick 4-5 colors for a Fair Isle sample that will include background, pattern, and pop colors
- knit a "speed" swatch
- look at patterns that you might knit with your chosen colors
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner. To be successful in this class, you should be comfortable knitting and purling, as well as be familiar with some increases and decreases. Some experience with 2-color stranded knitting is helpful, but certainly not required.
Supplies to bring to class: (registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases, excluding patterns)
- Yarn: NO yarn is required. The instructor will bring her stash of J&S for class use.
- Needles: Size #3 or #4 circular needles or DPNS
- Notions: Scissors, stitch markers, paper & pencil, marker tape, etc.
* See the main Classes page for our policy about class changes and cancellations.