Two-at-a-Time Socks: 4 Sundays: March 15, 22, April 5 & 19; 10:30-12:00
Instructor: Laura Haave
Dates: 4 Sundays: March 15, 22, April 5 & 19; 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
** Please note these are not all consecutive Sundays. There is a one-week break between the 2nd & 3rd and the 3rd & 4th sessions to provide more time for knitting!
Do you suffer from 2nd Sock Syndrome? The first sock is fun and works up great, but by the time you get to the 2nd sock, you're either bored with the project, don't have enough yarn to make the 2nd sock the same size, or aren't sure they're going to fit the same way on both feet ...
This class will help you get over 2nd Sock Syndrome, because you'll be working on both socks at the same time! The four sessions will cover:
- Session 1: How to use the Magic Loop technique for working in the round on two socks simultaneously.
- Session 2: Toe increases while knitting two socks simultaneously. Between Sessions 2 & 3, you'll knit the feet up to the heel.
- Session 3: Turning the heel and working up the leg. Between Session 3 & 4, you'll knit the leg of your socks up to the top.
- Session 4: Different stretchy bind off options.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner / Intermediate. To be successful in this class, you must know how to cast-on, knit, purl. Some experience working in the round with DPNs or circular needles is strongly recommended. The Magic Loop technique will be taught in class.
Supplies to bring to class:
(registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases, excluding patterns)
- Pattern: Jean Christensen's "Toe-Up Socks #1" - available for purchase on Ravelry or in the shop for $5.00
- Yarn: About 250 yards of worsted weight yarn. Suggested yarn - Raggi Worsted
- Needles: 40" or 47" circular needles size U.S. #5, or the size you need to achieve a fairly tight gauge of 6 stitches per inch with your chosen yarn. Knitting a gauge swatch before the class begins is highly recommended.
- Notions: Stitch markers, scissors
* Please be sure to visit our Class Policies page for our policies about class changes and cancellations.