Your First Socks - 4 Sundays: October 6, 13, 20, and 27; 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Instructor: Cynthia Gilbertson
Dates: 4 Sundays: October 6, 13, 20, & 27; 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Has knitting socks seemed a little intimidating? Well, this is your chance to be in solidarity with others who are learning to knit their first pair of socks! If you know how to make knit stitches, purl stitches, slip stitches, and ssk (slip, slip knit), then you're all set!
The "Beginner Sock" pattern is worked "cuff down" using worsted weight yarn. You'll learn how to work in-the-round using double-pointed needles and how to "turn a heel." The pattern is easy to follow and provides tips for fitting women's shoe sizes 5-11.
Skill Level: Easy/Intermediate. To be successful in this class, you should be comfortable knitting, purling, making slip stitches, and slip-slip-knit (ssk), as well as be familiar with some ways to increase and decrease stitches. Specific techniques required for the pattern will be taught in class.
Supplies to bring to class:
(registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases, excluding patterns)
- Knitting Pure & Simple's "Beginner Socks" pattern, available for purchase in the shop or on Ravelry
- 230 - 250 yds worsted weight yarn
- Size 6 DPNs, or size for gauge
- Yarn needle, stitch markers
* Please be sure to visit our Class Policies page for our policies about class changes and cancellations.