The Shiftalong Hat is a great way to learn a new technique! If you can slip stitch, knit, and purl, then you can have fun playing with combining colors learning Mosaic knitting while you make this hat!
Yarn: DK weight; See our Get Shift Collection for links to suggested yarns available for purchase online.
- Main color: Approximately 35-50 grams, 140-200 yards (128-182 m) depending on size
- Contrast color: Approximately 25-40 grams, 100-160 yards (92-146 m) depending on size
Sizes & Finished Measurements:
- Child: Circumference - 16.5" (42 cm), Height - 7.5" (19 cm)
- Adult Small: Circumference - 18" (46 cm), Height 9" (23 cm)
- Adult Large: Circumference - 20.5" (52 cm), Height 9" (23 cm)
Needles: 16" US 2 (2.75mm) or US 4 (3.5mm) circulars, DPNs, or longer circular for Magic Loop. Use the needle size necessary to achieve gauge.
Gauge: 26.5 sts & 64 rows = 4" (10 cm); measured over stitch pattern in the round using larger needle (blocked)
Notions: Scissors, tapestry needle
Techniques used: Tubular or Twisted German Cast On, knitting, purling, mosaic knitting, ribbing, decreasing, knitting in the round.
The Shiftalong Hat is also available for purchase in digital form on Ravelry - https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shiftalong