The Shifty Sweater is all about being playful and having fun with color! One colorway is used consistently as the "background" while 3 contrasting colors make up the textured Mosaic knitting colorwork.
Yarn: Sport or DK weight; See our Get Shift Collection for links to suggested yarns available for purchase online.
- Color A: 780-1655 yards / 194-415 grams
- Colors B & C (each): 160-340 yards / 40-85 grams
- Color D: 135-290 yards / 35-75 grams
Sizes & Measurements:
- Sizes: 1-8
- Finished Bust Circumference - 30-58" (76-147.5 cm)
- Recommended ease is -2" (-5cm) to +2" (+5cm)
- Adult Large: Circumference - 20.5" (52 cm), Height 9" (23 cm)
- Main Fabric: Circular US 4 (3.5mm) 24-40" (60-100cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting (Magic Loop or DPNs)
- Ribbing: Circular US 2 (2.75mm) 16" (40 cm) for the collar and 32" (80 cm) for hem, and preferred needles for small circumference knitting for cuffs, plus spare for Tubular Bind Off.
Gauge: 30.5 sts & 48 rows = 4" (10 cm) on larger needles. Measured over stitch pattern in the round, after blocking.
Notions: Stitch markers, row counter, waste yarn, scissors, tapestry needle
Techniques used: Tubular Cast On & Bind Off, knitting, purling, Mosaic knitting, round yoke shaping, stranded color knitting, ribbing, decreasing, knitting in the round, top down knitting, picking up stitches.
The Shifty Sweater is also available for purchase in digital form on Ravelry - https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shifty-2